PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - First Aircraft Purchase
View Single Post
Old 19th Dec 2018, 23:10
Gipsy Queen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Aware
Having been flying since 1983 been instructor examiner and a businessman in an unrelated industry, what you propose unfortunately will not work too well. As others have said let the professionals fly you and the family if you want to be almost 100% sure of getting there. Flying on business in UK in light ac is possible but so many factors makes it very unreliable, as a hobby fine with the odd trip holidays etc. IR necessary as is lots of experience. Used to operate a PA32 T - tail Lance beautiful ac, Be careful and enjoy its fun but quite demanding in many ways. My Wife always liked a safety pilot with lots of IR experience tbh, even better if an airline pilot, even better if they fly for BA you get the idea - yes dear - she said it seems safer to me especially with the Family on board.

To be honest the low cost airlines who are so safe and reliable this is a better option if you need to get there 100% of the time. Airports are a PIA I know. Own ac fun but when kids get to Uni age and need cars houses Ryan Air is the only option really ! Damned expensive ac ownership.
Well, having been there and done that, I can confirm that the cost of a/c ownership and operation invariably is greater than budget provisions. Furthermore, in my experience anyway, too much time is spent in planning, filing and all the other disciplines (not to mention weather) at the expense of the commercial activities that the aircraft is supposed to support. Too often the a/c becomes the end rather than the means thereto. Aware has provided good advice.