PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VFR pilot making an ILS
View Single Post
Old 19th Oct 2003, 22:44
FJJP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am not Beagles keeper - I happen to know the man and his background - but I find that personal remarks against any individual (even those who post the most stupid and ill-informed comments), tend to lower the standard of comment towards 'not worth reading the forum'. I rarely visit Jet Blast for just that reason - it became very tedious.

Similarily, There are so-called experts out there (you spot them from the quality and depth of knowledge in their comments) who really have little right to slag off those with a lifetime career in professional aviation. [By the way, I'm not pointing the finger at anyone here - it's a general observation].

The terminology 'simulated' and 'practice' in relation to asymmetric flight was introduced some years ago to differentiate between ESD and flight idle aproaches; in certain ac types the parameters for commitment to landing differ significantly, and it was an early warning to ATC to prepare them for final clearances.

There is no such thing as 'practice' and 'simulated' ILS approaches. An ILS is an ILS whether flown in IMC or VMC. You can practice ILS approaches in both VMC and IMC, but how do you simulate an ILS?