PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Converting to EASA license in Europe (including theory studies)
Old 19th Dec 2018, 15:26
a334

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Converting to EASA license in Europe (including theory studies)

Hi all

So I have attempted distance studying for the 14 EASA theoretical exams 1.5 years ago, but didn't have any success so I gave up for the time being... I simply cannot self study such a vast amount of material on my own and would require some sort of class theory prep along with home study to successfully pass all the exams.

My situation currently is as follows: I have a Canadian CPL with multi IFR rating and just over 260 hours. I am also an EU citizen and have thought about moving back to Europe for a long time, hence the need to convert to my license. I am very willing to make the jump and do all the conversion process somewhere in Europe. I understand that the costs will be substantially higher if I were to do a lot of in class study, but I am willing to take on that burden. Currently I am not moving nowhere near the direction I want and maybe this big change/leap will help, but I won't know unless I try. What I do know is that distance learning didn't work 1.5 years ago and knowing myself it probably won't work now either (I'm generally terrible at self studying). If anybody can recommend a school to do everything, or has done the same process I am thinking of doing, any advice and help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance