PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VFR pilot making an ILS
View Single Post
Old 19th Oct 2003, 22:28
Eira

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
At our airport any aircraft who makes an approach for the ILS who does not intend to land has to book a Beacon Slot .
Aircraft not training and landing, unless we are subject to PPR ,are able to be vectored in for an ILS when they request it and as you rightly said if they are IFR we expect to vector them for an ILS approach or NDB or SRA whichever type of approach they request.
I have only ever encountered locally based aircraft request VFR ILS approaches, they are aware of our situation with training and thus only request from us an approach when we are quiet, knowing full well that we will do our best to accomodate them when we are busy but that they will be significantly delayedas they are not scheduled flights and are training flights which take a lower priority.
Any aircraft which requires to make an ILS approach will be accomodated be it VFR or IFR but I must ask under what circumstances you would think a VFR aircraft must make an approach with the ILS.
I do not object to the statement Simulated ILS under VFR it just would be met with the response of what ????
you are either flying the ILS or you are not as far as we are concerned