PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAAUS shares aircraft owner details with airport operators
Old 19th Dec 2018, 06:05
mullokintyre

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Because I was bored, I decided to look at the constitution of the the company that controls RAAUS.
Its a limited liability company limited by $1 per member.
There is nothing I could find in the constitution about advancing the benefits to members.
However, the Charter of membership states that one of its purposes and aims is " To defend vigorously, and lobby for the best interests of the membership."
One of the interesting articles is this one about the register of members, and what info on each member must be kept
v. Such information as the Directors shall require of each Member concerning his or her interest in any aircraft, any licence, certificate or entitlement of whatsoever description and kind to do with any matter regarding aviation, whether the same is or may be required by any Australian aviation authority with power to require such information or otherwise as the Directors shall decide.
Note that it says ANY aircraft or license. So they could demand that GA pilots, ATPL pilots, helo pilots , even military pilots provide them information of they also are a member of RAAUS.

Mick