PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bell 407 down off Queensland coast
View Single Post
Old 19th Oct 2003, 20:58
High Nr

S76Heavy

I happen to agree totally with your observation, but have received a number of decenting PM's for my seemingly innocent comments.

There are a number of world class HEMS operations around Australia. These are all Multi Engine IFR Operations.

Then there is the next level down, which is operated by a group of Professional Pilots flying substandard equipment for the tasks that are sent their way [and the reason I am aware of this? I left, before I was to a statistic].

I am not casting doubts on any of the crews, or that engineer who signed the machine servicable, but rather the faceless individuals that are behind the scence, that allow, promote and legislate to permit such pressures to be placed on the crew.

You think this may be rubbing a raw nerve, then just wait until the team of Barristers gets their day in court, and watch these faceless individuals duck and weave.

Unfortuantely it won't assist this crew, but hopefully we will see something positive eventuate for me losing another collegue.