PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New Cessna 172 Checklist
View Single Post
Old 22nd Mar 2001, 14:13
Hung start

Red face

But Centaurus, Centaurus... You can use all the bad examples that you want. None of these people got in harms way because they were using checklists in a single pilot airplane. They got in harms way, because they were using checklists in a single pilot airplane at the wrong time...
If you want to, I can come up with more examples, where people had incidents/accidents that could have been avoided had they had a checklist to cover for their less than perfect memory when performing "flow checks"...

Where IŽm at, youŽll also fail a flighttest if not using a checklist.
As somebody else said: We, who fly everyday, might do fine without written checklists, but many small single pilot aircraft, are flown by people who donŽt fly on a regular basis.. To indicate to them, that written checklists are not the safest way to go, is in my mind crazy..!
And yes, I was once an instructor as well, doing my 6 hours a day in Cessnas. Could do it all backwards in my sleep. But I like to think, that I helped more than one of my students staying out of trouble later on, by stressing the importance of having a written checklist, and using it, no matter what type of aircraft..