PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Help for Hips and Knees
View Single Post
Old 18th Dec 2018, 11:23
SASless

Received 518 Likes on 216 Posts
"Slow "is exactly right.....Orthopedic Surgeons took up that profession upon being denied entry into the Iron Workers Union.

A Doctor friend set me up with his Pal who is an Anesthesiologist at the facility where I h ad the procedure done.

When I was asked if had any questions at the Pre-Op visit....I reminded the Quacks that I did not wish to be there when the operation was done.

I had been told they would be injecting lots of numbing and doing a Spinal to deaden everything from the waist down (nature beat them to some of that) and they would then use my favorite drug called "Versed" which I saw used while flying Helicopter EMS.

Versed's many abilities includes creating amnesia....you cannot remember anything that happens.

It worked....I felt a couple of painful needle sticks....some mumbling by the Doctors, a very weird dream (the Recovery Room) and about two o'clock in the morning (Twelve hours after the Operation) being asked how I felt by a male nurse.

I felt great....having been to the other side for a while and realizing I still had to pay taxes was a relief.

My butt hurt...from the incision and the Nurse and I negotiated the amount of pain medicine he gave me....half pill or whole pill....if my perceived pain level was 1-6 I got half a pill....7-10 it was a full Pill........oh hell yes....9....9...9..9!

I admit it....I am not John Wayne!

Infections of any kind, and any Dental or Medical procedure that can lead to any kind of infection is a very real issue for Hip Procedures as bones are very susceptible to rejecting the implanted prosthesis if infection occurs.

I am just finishing a two week course of Antibiotics for an infection on the opposite foot caused by a laceration not healing well just in case it was infected.

Midazolam, marketed under the trade name Versed, among others, is a medication used for anesthesia, procedural sedation, trouble sleeping, and severe agitation. It works by inducing sleepiness, decreasing anxiety, and causing a loss of ability to create new memories. It is also useful for the treatment of seizures.