PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Apple macOS Mojave
View Single Post
Old 18th Dec 2018, 09:14
Jhieminga

Received 58 Likes on 43 Posts
Software development is a never ending story, and unfortunately the development of various nasty bits of software is also continuously ongoing. When you signed up for the Apple ecosystem by purchasing one of their products, you also got the option to make use of the various updates/upgrades that Apple continuously provides (at no added cost, at least for the past few years) to stay abreast of current developments and to provide new features. Not all of these new features may appeal to you and perhaps the new emojis do get a bit too much press, but there are actually some useful bits in there once you dig a bit deeper. I for one am happy with the new continuity feature that lets you use your iPhone to quickly insert an image into a presentation or document. The other big thing for me is that I know that my Mac is using the latest and best version to keep any bugs and unwanted issues away. I often get colleagues complaining about the fact that some bit of software is not doing what they want it to, and when you investigate, you find that they're running an outdated version of the operating system without ever having updated a single bit of software over the past five years. To me that is the same thing as driving your car for five years without a single bit of maintenance and complaining about 'that strange sound in the engine'.