PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Southampton-2
Thread: Southampton-2
View Single Post
Old 18th Dec 2018, 06:42
rog747

Received 41 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by RW20
What seems strange and limiting is the suggestion that operations by Boeing types like 738/Max will not be viable after the runway extension!.This surely severely limits who might operate and more to the point who would want to operate from SOU?
Some could/will operate - but, the type is a slippery beast with high approach speeds and not the most chunky set of brakes - (not my words - but a pal who flies them both)

The routes to/from SOU therefore for the 738 & MAX will be limited - We have already seen Air Europa a while back flying for Thomson Hols with the 738 and the type did not last long.
I think that was only flights to PMI IBZ and MAH, someone here will know for sure and correct this - very short routes, but still faced tech stops and diversions on occasions. When (AE) they used the 734 all was pretty fine....

Correction to my post above but KM/air malta does now fly non-stop from SEN to MLA 3 days a week in S19 and other days via sicily and sardinia - not sure if this is due to the new 320Neo being used for those flights and/or any payload limits.
Loads must have been good for KM to try another year of ops from SEN...even with EZY also flying the MLA route.
But just announced WIZZ are also doing sicily next year from SEN so competition is STIFF...