PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Do NOT work here - CAL
View Single Post
Old 18th Dec 2018, 02:48
UnBusDriver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Cloudtopper
I suspect TPE flyer and Capt BWC is the same individual.. quite pathetic really.
Cloudtopper, let me understand why would you suspect that? Does it make more sense to you that someone would take the time and effort to use two User IDs rather than one to make a single point? Why not then suspect that all the UserIDs who agree with the Threat title are the same person? And why not suspect that you, the only one who disagrees with the elaborately placed and agreed upon statements between the other users, the only one who rushes to the defense of the helpless airline with no one to speak on their behalf, are in fact an agent of CAL? You can consider sticking to Facebook for your gossip and mud-slinging. Possibly consider treating the other posts with respect?

On the other hand, I can substantiate just about every claim that TPE Flyer and Captain BWC have made. I have experienced the "trusted FO" routine, who reports you for buying coffee at the next gate, about an hour before departure. I've been given about 7 "random" check rides over the course of 2 months, based strictly on FO reports ranging from, "I don't know the captain disconnected the autopilot" to "he accepted a visual approach," and the list gets even more entertaining (neither of those are violations in the SOPs, by the way). What's worse, these FO's aren't told to learn something from the CA, their behavior is positively reinforced. A pattern emerged: all of the write-ups from FOs - at least the ones that have came to my attention - are an act of preemption. They've done something egregious, themselves, know it, and try to strike first since they know that the squeaky wheel gets the grease. The whole experience was like one long witch hunt by an angry mob.

But I digress. Without any speculation required of any kind, it's easy to see gross violations of their SOPs and FOM. But what is more concerning is their willingness to violate laws - aviation related and employment related - and industry accepted safety practices.

We're not just talking about folks walking around with an unapproved color of socks. We're talking about people who value FOQA more than their safety. We're talking about people who are so automation dependent that they'd sooner land off the runway than take manual control. We're talking about people who find any excuse to remove themselves from blame.

You can forget taking responsibility, because they won't even accept it. You may reference the triple go-around on the 738 in CAVOK conditions and calm winds in Toyama which resulted in a fuel emergency and diversion.

You may reference the 744 which they landed off the side of the runway at ORD. You may reference the tail-strike on GA after safe landing in the A330. You may reference the flight from KUL to TPE during which they failed to declare any kind of medical emergency or priority in spite of the fact that the FO was incapacitated and for the vast majority of the flight, the captain chose the most senior or deadheading flight crew to occupy the FO's seat. You may reference the 777 and 747 that taxied into the grass. All of these happened in the last 3 years.

We haven't even gotten to the personal attacks they made on me, and my personal life.

There is such a long list of discriminatory and dangerous practice that I don't think I could fit it, here. You all need to know what you're signing up for. This is a hazardous operation to your career, and to your safety.