PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RFDS Pilatus PC24
View Single Post
Old 17th Dec 2018, 07:59
Bend alot

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
"you have left out the housing costs and most of the perks. 7-10 houses would have to be provided to the 7-10 extra staff that would occupy Broome. How much would it cost the RFDS per house, per year? Some may be rentals, some may be purchased. And the perks for the nurses and doctors? The doctors are on hefty salaries and receive hefty perks to match."

Mate READ the EBA, there is a very clear cut back and not many "perks".

The new Base Allowance is much less for Broome and housing is capped or charged. Rental in Broome is reasonable and I expect most permanent staff are required to get their own accommodation, I expect that the RFDS do have some houses but they are for temp crew/staff on fill ins.

Perks seem to be a fuel card with a limit and medicals, both include Jandakot pilots.

So until you supply something other than opinion lets stick to the factual $20K. and nothing like a total $1,000,000 that you asked if we had a better idea rather than your "educated" guess.

On your current form, it might not look good for you if we look at your other claims - re doctors and perks and so on.

I am also not sure a new aircraft type would require 7-10 houses but am certain the number of staff would be similar if an extra PC12 was based in Broome - so it is not really a jet base argument more capacity.

Towering Q #5 I have to agree - I am alive and scareless due to the Bali Bombings and the new treatment they developed.
Keep up the good work.

A very good guy I knew died trying to help a Trucky at Nanutarra Roadhouse many years ago, there was no aircraft to dispatch for a period of time. The organisation has now grown and with the introduction of the PC24 maybe he could be saved if it were now he had the accident. The station is like 1km away and has 2 runways and from memory one could take the jet, while not sealed people in that part of the world will make it to a standard required even with fencing - They just do what is required.

I also think that we will find Nanutarra is very close to half way between Jandakot and Broome coincidentally for me.

Last edited by Bend alot; 17th Dec 2018 at 09:08.