PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates (EK) Interview - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 17th Dec 2018, 06:07
The Shovel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Reduced Thrust has 3,000hrs Jet time and lots of A320 time. Cosidering he has 1,400hrs on B737, looks like about 1,600hrs on A320.
An expert flying with oldies, so I am guessing great CRM and superior personal skills.
He is seperated and looks like heading for a divorce soon as his wife ran off with her lover.
He is unemployed as his airline went broke, the same day his wife ran off with his lover.
His maths is very weak, but obviously this was not reflected in his assessment as he said the computer test was very easy.
He also did very well in the SIM despite having a repeat.
​​​​​​Ultimately he was unsuccessful after Day 1. But only because of some racist agenda by the airline.
For me, I can't understand why he failed, nor why he hasn't been called by FlyDubai for SIM assessment.

I have no idea who this guys is, everything above is sourced from his posts on this forum since Oct 2018.

After providing such in depth personal information on this site, may I guess you revealed your Pprune name during the assessment, EK looked up your history and realised you didn't know how to answer a panel interview so decided not to waste anymore time or money.
Advice: next time you go to an interview, absolutely tell them you are getting divorced. Make sure you mention that your wife left you the day you lost your job. Maybe even add in that she left with your best friend or a work.colleague. It will show resilience in character and that you are emotionally stable. It also indicates that you have no resentment or built up hostility because you are able to calmly talk about it.
Also if you have any spent criminal convictions, particularly anything from your childhood that is in sealed records, make sure you include that in any questionaire. Airlines love honesty, and it will save them time and money doing background checks after you pass next time.

Last edited by The Shovel; 17th Dec 2018 at 06:17.