PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - So you need a new fleet Leigh?
View Single Post
Old 16th Dec 2018, 04:26
a_pilot

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Thumbs up

busdriver:

you wrote
JQ only made $890 million compared to QF of $2,478 million
You used EBITDAR and not EBIT. Fine this gives JQ a 26% share of the EBITDAR.

I came up with the 28% profit figure in my original post 22 November using the EBIT. 26% or 28% is close enough for what I am trying to discuss. However, you might want to take note, that when QF discuss profit (in the media or the summary on page 2), they use EBIT and not EBITDAR, so I believe EBIT is the figure to use.

Here are my calculations (using the numbers on page 4 of the report):
JQ = $461 EBIT
Qantas = $1,167 EBIT

Total = $1,628 EBIT

JQ ($461) divided by the total ($1,628) = 28%, which is what I wrote. (I said 28%, but 26% is not far off and I am happy to accept it).

Let me quote again what I wrote
you will see that JQ generated 23% revenue (which contributed to 28% of the profit for the whole QF group) with only 32% of the ASK, and not 50% as you falsely stated
I am NOT disputing the profit (be it 26% or 28%).

I am disputing the 50% ASK that someone falsely stated.

At least 3 times the same person here has misleadingly stated that JQ fly 50% of the ASK's when the actual facts (as per the FY18 report) clearly state that JQ only flew 32% of the ASK.

50% ASK compared to only 32% ASK is a very misleading exaggeration with a 1.5 bullsh1t factor (50%).

I am well aware how to read a financial report. Seems like some people don't know how to read and comprehend basic English.

Thanks Traffic (changed it now)

Last edited by a_pilot; 16th Dec 2018 at 11:08.