PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bundeswehr orders H145 LUH SAR
View Single Post
Old 15th Dec 2018, 11:44
chopper2004

Received 101 Likes on 54 Posts
Originally Posted by minigundiplomat
Germany also ordered some H215 airframes for SAR, though my issue isn’t the choice of aircraft, either H215 or H145. What disappoints me, is this spend on primarily German products, is no doubt part of the plot to lift German defence spending towards the NATO minimum, whilst enhancing a domestic capability which adds nothing, capability wise, to the NATO orbat.

Personally, I’d let Putin have Germany, rather than see another Brit, American, Canadian or other nationality soldier die on their behalf... because that’s where this will end.
https://www.airbus.com/newsroom/pres...ree-H215s.html

The H215 is for their Feds - Bundespolizei ....however 9 years ago the Bundespolizei deployed trio of AS332L1 and pair of Bell 212 ( before their retirement) were embarked onboard USS Boxer alongside the Flying Leathernecks ACE-MEU (Special Operations Capable)....off the coast of Somalia for some op with KSK/ GSG-9...possible hostage rescue ?

FYI in April 2003 the USS Boxer hosted then HMM-261 ‘White Knights’ which was part of Task Force 20 which rescued Pvt Jessica Lynch in Iraq.