PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - After 5 hours...
View Single Post
Old 14th Dec 2018, 22:16
India Four Two

Received 75 Likes on 46 Posts
Me: "But how am I suppose to get into a busy uncontrolled airport?" Instructor: "Uncontrolled airports are never busy".
An observation about Con_G’s post. This is not always the case. Last year I flew in a friend’s RV-6A from Calgary to Douglas, Wyoming to see the total eclipse of the sun. When we arrived, there were several aircraft arriving from all directions and three in the circuit ahead of us.

There were about 200 aircraft on the ground, ranging from ultra-lights to Citations.

Afterwards there was a rush to get away, with the jets in the vanguard - time is money, particularly if you’ve chartered a jet! We left about an hour after the eclipse and there were six aircraft ahead of us on the taxiway. The departures proceeded efficiently and safely with appropriate and informative radio calls from all the pilots. What I found interesting was that nobody bothered with their registrations. The call signs were all descriptive - “Blue and white Cessna”, “Red low-wing”, “White Citation”, etc. Very practical.