PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Opportunities, Challenges, and Limits of Automation in Aircraft
Old 14th Dec 2018, 10:45
Uplinker

Received 121 Likes on 76 Posts
Originally Posted by Private jet
Well, i did at one time hold an aircraft engineers licence, and now an ATPL. But things I gave an example of are BASIC aeronautical knowledge, and pilot's should know this. AF447, the only thing that agreed on the flightdeck were the 3 ADI's, why didn't they "fly attitude"? Piloting an aircraft in the modern era is not that difficult really, if you think it is maybe you should consider another profession. If the "responsibility" worries you the former applies too. By the way responsibility is only an issue if YOU make a mistake. So by inference, what you are saying is that you should be paid a lot of money so that you don't make a mistake? Kind of a bizarre reverse Mafia protection racket argument there. Why do you compare pilots to GP's? Apples and oranges surely? No comparison. GP's, in the UK at least, operate in a non competative market. Pilots do. Sorry for straying away from technical discussion, but some inane comments deserve to be replied to.
Thank you for your kind words, and season’s greetings to you too.

Your post to me is a straw man argument - I did not say the things you claim I did: you are putting words into my mouth and inferring what simply isn’t there. Where did I claim that “piloting an aircraft in the modern era is difficult”? (And thank you for kindly suggesting that I look for another profession, how thoughtful of you). Where did I say that responsibility worried me? And the inference you claim to make is frankly ridiculous and undeserving of a reply.

Oh, and adding a nice insult at the end. Lovely. Have another read, there’s a good chap.