PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Could developing East + West airports replace JNB as continental hub?
Old 14th Dec 2018, 06:39
IZAD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great layover accommodation at Ethiopian Airlines to help the company profit level at the expense of not well rested crews prior to their flights.
Krismiler, and I quote:

Ethopian Airlines doesn't appear to suffer from the same level of corruption and government interference as South African Airways and has a long history of making profits. The company is competently managed and has in house training and maintenance to a high standard.

Let me review your quote above and ask you to reconsider the “level” of corruption you allude to; Profits are not always a reflection of safe performance; Ethiopian Airlines is not a safe company, make no mistake about this, and I can list many variables of corruption here including their local ECAA which is nothing but a branch of the airline, they collude over their internal problems, and make local and foreign pilots carry a burden of incredible responsibility; Hi standards? When was the last time you flew Ethiopian as a passenger?