PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Baltic Aviation Academy
View Single Post
Old 13th Dec 2018, 22:10
uberfly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Idontlikeusername
Do you also know what happenef to the guys who were Cadets with Small Planet now that the company has failed?
Did they offer to them an alternative solution or have they just been left on their own?

They are left alone for now with some fanciful promises. Can you believe SP bankrupt after 1 year BAA established the cadet program. This is how they investigate and check their business partners before they sell dreams to prospect students. In reality, two company is somehow affiliated and I am pretty sure BAA has all means to get clear insight about SP before they offer the cadet program. In addition, personally I believe SP was not in need of cadets however BAA push them (or use its connection) to established that cadet scheme to lure more students into academy under job guarantee.

As you all know SP was one of the most well know Pay2Fly provider in the world and BAA was biggest advocator of Pay2Fly as well. Just after BAA start to get well-known, they decide to shift this business to their sister company to AviationCV.com to avoid bad publicity as they are being training organization. Now they present Pay2Fly as hour building program and they don't forget to mention ''salary included'' in their hour building programmes . Yes, you pay 40-50 K for 500 hours and you get 1,000 Euro salary per month. It is pretty sad that affiliated company of BAA has Pay2Fly as core business. Pay2Fly is cancer of the sector and BAA is company responsible of training future pilots, there is big dilemma here.

It is not much different for Smartlynx Cadets when you consider 30K type rating, 3 years obligatory working period and unlimited unpaid leaves and ponzi terms and conditions. It is not far beyond being P2F.

About Avion, I hope some of you can enlighten us but I heard pretty low Terms and Conditions.

As conclusion, best for former SP cadets is to find a job themselves after graduation since it is not even worth to try Avion (?) or Smartlynx. By the way, BAA doesn't even have career service to provide its students after graduation in such cases.

Last edited by uberfly; 13th Dec 2018 at 23:09.