PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Direct Entry Pilot.
View Single Post
Old 13th Dec 2018, 13:44
bex88

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OKB, unfortunately you do reflect the attitude of this company and it stinks.

Seniority has its place but it should not be used as a weapon or on anything which so fundamentally affects the day to day lives of any pilot.

I fly with with a lot of guys who have life experience, some have lots of flying experience and are here because of need rather than choice. Many of our junior pilots have come from other professions where they contributed so much more to the world than what they ever will do as a pilot and quite honestly some treat them like dirt.

The whole argument of i did my time does not stack up. The world has changed, we fly a lot more. Hell 15 years ago I could drive past Heathrow on the M25 at 15:00 on a Friday and not be stuck in a traffic jam. Some will be junior for a long time, others less so.

I am not saying and I don’t think anyone else is saying that we should reinvent the wheel but the opportunity to change the gradient has been taken and it has only increased it. We should be looking to have a balanced reward for seniority but a acceptance of the needs for all. We are talking about pilots who are hiding stress, depression and family break downs because of the damage our rostering system does.

As enzo999 hinted not everyone chose to join and not everyone is afforded the luxury of seniority that you talk of.

Rex is a top bloke, or girl, I am never sure which so lay off and just try and understand a position other than your own.