PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Graduate Opportunities
View Single Post
Old 19th Oct 2003, 05:09
Eddie_Crane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Graduate opportunities

HI Landing_24R,
I am not aware of grad opportunities within BAA.
I know BA do something in a number of fields, including Op Res and IT, have a look at
http://www.britishairwaysjobs.com/syc/grads/index.jsp
for their requirements etc..
I know NATS have a graduate scheme for Uni grads, I only know about the Engineering one though, which is callled DEGs (although I believe they have a graduate scheme for Op Res as well). Competition is very stiff and they only hire a few a year, my CV and letter did not get very far this year *sigh*. You will have to apply usually by the 20th of Sept or so.
Airbus also has graduate opportunities, not sure if it's through EADS, but on the main site (airbus.com) they asked for a Masters degree in addition to an Undergraduate. This scheme too is fiercely competed for, with 3000+ applications per year and a handful positions available.
Mind you, they normally require Engineering disciplines. It looked to me as though amongst all these BA was the only one not specifically asking for numerate degrees while Airbus and NATS asked for specific ones. Airbus and NATS also had graduate level positions in HR or other divisions but they normally asked for numerate degrees as well.
Do have a look at NATS, Airbus, EADS Astrium, QinetiQ, BA.. there are many more, but I think these will give you a good start.
Best of luck and tailwinds to you