PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 100th Anniversary of the 1919 Air Race
View Single Post
Old 12th Dec 2018, 01:55
mcoates

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Just a quick update on the Great Air Race 2019.

I was fortunate enough to travel up to Darwin on Sunday and Monday for the 99 year celebrations and the countdown starting on 10 December 2019 for the event to finish in Darwin.

I can't share the total statistics until they are made public by the organisers but I can tell you this event is going to have a HUGE global reach of close to 1.5 billion people being exposed to information about the event, the aircraft and the participants.

Currently there are 26 teams entered with more expected to enter before the deadline and probably a few to drop away because they are not ready with their technology.

Attending the event on the weekend really does prove that the organisers have everything under control and along with support of many organisations and groups including the Northern Territory government this is going to be a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for participants to leave London next November and arrive in Darwin on December 10, 2019.

As they say, "watch this space" and also their website for more information as it is released.... https://www.greatairrace.com.au/