PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Direct Entry Pilot.
View Single Post
Old 11th Dec 2018, 19:23
MikeAlpha320

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by hoody_mcboob

Then you might as well just go back to pissing into the wind...
Brings up an interesting point about fatigue for me. I'm not sure if you're suggesting not being part of BALPA means 'you're pissing into the wind' but how I've read It (perhaps wrongly- sorry!). Fatigue isn't industrial. It shouldn't need BALPA if the company were fulfilling their part of the EASA regs- as posted above. Like I said above it shouldn't be punitive and should allow for open and honest reporting- without fear of consequential action. I don't like the way reports are handled at BA and have forwarded several to BALPA to look at. Maybe condescending and unprofessional responses from flight crew managers are normal in regard to fatigue at BA- but thats not something I am personally willing to put up with. The company expect us to be professionals out on the line, give us the same courtesy of professionalism when we report something we are legally required to do.

I do really hope it gets improved upon. We need a proper system in place. One that is not subject to certain managers (flying one trip a month) and their subjective opinions. Collect data. Use it to identify fatiguing patterns. I don't need a response suggesting that I should be bidding for more days off- If I could get more days off I would certainly already be doing it.

Lets see what next year and JSS rosters at LHR- lots of DEPs (ezy with FRMS experience) and what seems to be a more defiant CC will bring.