PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Luton-9
Thread: Luton-9
View Single Post
Old 11th Dec 2018, 17:46
LTNman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wonder if there is going to be an official opening ceremony for the terminal? In the last couple of days teams of people have been scrubbing the tarmac at the front of the terminal trying to remove the bubble gum. Designer signage has gone up outside that can't be read unless you stand within 5 metres as the writing is so small and providing that no smoker is learning on it. Plants have also been planted in flower beds. No more floor tiles have been replaced in locations that a grand tour would not cover so the first 30 check-in desks have had the floors repaired while the last 30 haven't.

Christmas has arrived at Luton while in the background the hoardings have come down revealing the glass screens covering the passenger search area

I have come to the conclusion that apart from 3 small sections of ceiling in the new build the idea of fitting wooden slats has been abandoned. There is still general work taking place in pockets but the bulk of the terminal work seems to be complete but with a few hoardings still to be removed around arrivals.

I have to ask but is there a worse airport terminal ceiling anywhere in the UK or even Europe?

Last edited by LTNman; 11th Dec 2018 at 21:46.