PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Oman Air
Thread: Oman Air
View Single Post
Old 10th Dec 2018, 07:53
FalseGS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Five on one off week after week.
Max 8 days off a month. Seems reasonable at first but the kind of brutal rosters you’ll be flying begs for more time off.
Day night switches with zero regard to fatigue. I can’t even recall the number of times I have turned to my right and had my fatigued FO off in dreamland.
Blatant threats if you use the word fatigue.
According to management, there is no fatigue in Oman Air.
Pretty much all your duties are carried out with minimum rest. And that’s the bare minimum as per global standards.
Regressive leave planning.
12 hour duty days with 5 hour flight pay. The monthly ratio of flight to duty hours is 1:2. You spend a lot of time sitting on the ground on company’s time getting paid nothing.
Severe shortage of pilots. Scraping at the bottom of the barrel scrounging for pilots.
They’re talking about fleet expansion which has no bearing on the bulk of expats hired on the 737 fleet. The hardest working and most abused bunch of pilots in the company don’t care about fleet expansion. They just want manageable rosters. Been here close to a decade and it’s the worst I have seen since I joined here, coincidentally when the new planning manager has joined.
The money. Yes. It’s great. Meet new joiners who love the money rolling in. See them after a year and they can’t wait to get out. Money doesn’t buy you health and sleep. Two year bond on type rated pilots. Gee, I wonder why.