PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 9th Dec 2018, 14:56
APU_inop

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by EDDO

What I mean is that you should empty the pool according date of entry. Off course its different when you can get 777/787 rated cpts. But they also bypass 737 cpts for 767/747 rated cpts. I was not aware that with a 767 or 747 rating you can do a shortened 787/777 rating... Besides this it would be polite to advise the people that pass your “assessment” that you are second choice as heavy rated cpts will go in front of you.
We don't know according to what they give their date of joining as you are graded during the assesment and it makes sense to give priority to people who pass with flying colors rather than barely minimum guys who might cause troubles down the line. But I agree on that communication can be better at times.
Taking pilots with previous experience on similar types reduces resources needed for training, time to get on line and usually less problems due to difficulties adapting to the environment hence them being the preferred candidates when capacity is limited. The 737 DEC on 787 is a quick fix which typically only is used when other means aren't enough.