PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How do you disconnect the Auto Pilot
View Single Post
Old 8th Dec 2018, 22:11
Council Van

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Old King Coal
Council Van, maybe flying's not for you?... wherein the EASA FTL scheme, which has been worked out by experts no less (albeit experts that don't actually do our job and / or whom are hand & pocket in cahoots with the airlines) reliably inform us that this is all legal and therefore completely safe. #irony
Actually it was pre EASA, I hate to think what they get away with on night freight FTL's now? Night freight was not for me as I struggled with the different times that I would get to bed every day, varying from 4 am to 8 am with little pattern. I also found it very difficult to sleep in the day in hotels and as I previously said took the first opportunity to to move away from that field of work as I was at risk of ending up dead.

Oddly enough the operator had negotiated a variation to FTL's with the CAA which were entirely in their favour and not the flight crews.

I was at one company where a college flaged his roster as being fatiguing, the company looked into it, came back and told him it was probably fatiguing but if he didn't do it then some one else would have to and they would be fatigued instead. What can you do when you get that response?

It is odd how in such a safety critical industry that fatigue is one thing that they pretend to be careful about but really don't give a sh1t about. I wonder if any one in EASA land has made their FTL's more restrictive yet due to pilot fatigue reports?