PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Direct Entry Pilot.
View Single Post
Old 8th Dec 2018, 09:36
RexBanner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BitMoreRightRudder
There will be DEP offers onto the A350 next year for example - not many opportunities like that exist for UK based pilots.
Which is absolutely disgusting in my opinion. The company are seriously trying to tell us there’s not enough internal bidders? I know there’s a lot of people still frozen but a lot of those guys have done four years slogging it out on Short Haul maybe it might be the right time to reward them for that? No it’s time to slap them in the face yet again with more Long Haul DEP. Let’s face it virtually nobody joins this company because they want to do Short Haul, it’s the big selling point of BA and why the vast majority of us are here.

I’m sorry but the “Master Seniority List is the most important thing, you’ll slot in ahead of them when you move” argument just doesn’t wash any more. When exactly are we going to get to move? I wanted to do Long Haul whilst I was relatively young. That sure ain’t gonna happen any more.

Every Long Haul DEP (and there’s going to be a load of them this year by all accounts) removes a LH position that would have been available in one or two years. When guys ahead of us on the P2 Airbus status list can’t move across to Long Haul we stagnate behind them and can’t benefit from better rosters/bidding power etc. Long Haul DEP disadvantages everyone on the Airbus and I for one (and I’m not the only one by any stretch) resent it massively.