PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stansted-3
Thread: Stansted-3
View Single Post
Old 7th Dec 2018, 18:20
STN Ramp Rat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FFHKG
DHL have built a huge warehouse next to MAN, but I don't think it has resulted in any additional traffic. They still move a lot of freight by road to specific hubs eg EMA
DHL are focused on their Heathrow operation as they have a lot of belly cargo out of Heathrow in addition to their own flights.They are not able to get morning arrival slots at Heathrow hence the Luton operation which required them to truck the cargo to and from Heathrow. If I recall the A300 positions empty from Luton to Heathrow for the evening departure. I don't see either the Luton or Heathrow operations moving. Stansted I believe has two DHL flights each weekday with a B757 in and out during the early hours to provide inbound cargo lift only, This year for the first time they have a B737 day stopper for the peak season which provides outbound lift in the evening.apparenly it has been determined that trucking the cargo from EMA to the South East takes too long hence the Stansted operation which is providing additional capacity to support the Heathrow and Luton flights.. the EMA to Manchester route does not suffer from the same traffic congestion that the South East does so they truck the freight between the airports instead. . .