PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Helicopter down outside Leicester City Football Club
Old 7th Dec 2018, 18:16
Nadar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@Ahernar How do you think humans deal with a 130 RPM fuselage? I think you might as well crash to the ground...

Since there is a lot of speculation about all kind of (unrealistic or irrelevant) ways to counter this, I'm surprised that emergency tail rotor recovery systems hasn't come up. From what I understand the idea here is to have some alternative way to create anti-torque trust at least for a limited time to allow landing. There's a patent from 2005 here for example, and I'm sure there are other potential solutions. Whether such a system would be able to overcome the trust from the TR going above "full" pitch is a question of course.

I'm more interested in finding the cause of the failure than to speculate about possible solutions without fully understanding the problem, but since it seems to be a returning topic it might be a better starting point than making automated systems for killing people while still in the air.