PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thomas Cook-2
Thread: Thomas Cook-2
View Single Post
Old 6th Dec 2018, 07:26
AirportPlanner1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by daz211

First off, Jet2 will never have a high street shop or shops, their social media presence is light years ahead of all others and is working very well. You state that Thomas Cook have two shops where you live, there lies the problem, who needs shops when you can have a brilliant convenient website or sites where the customer does the work of a staff member.

Can I just ask, has anyone else got any ideas on how Thomas Cook should go forward.
I live in a fairly wealthy area...eg we have a John Lewis department store and very few pound shops/chicken shops...and we’re not exactly overrun with pensioners. Quite the opposite really. So perhaps the internet isn’t the be-all and end-all. You could apply your argument to anything - why do Next, M&S, Iceland, Tesco bother having shops?

For the record I’d never use a travel agent, but clearly many still do. I think you’re mistaken if you think Jet2 would never consider it, if the right opportunity came along and it added to the bottom line I’m sure they would. They have had a physical High Street presence anyway because I’ve seen it, OK it was more akin to a market stall but nonetheless it was offline. Like I say, rents aren’t what they were.