PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATPL course FTC
Thread: ATPL course FTC
View Single Post
Old 18th Oct 2003, 17:27
Flying Boat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Campione

I am not going into all the details, but you are right I would NOT recommend anyone to go to FTC for JAR ATPL theory. Yes it was JAR-ATPL theory, for me, but they also offered SA CPL & SA ATPL.

I have learnt that, in the long run, it is only marginally cheaper to go to SA for the study period, I would suggest going to one of the recommended schools in the UK.
Your wife will not earn much money in SA due to the low cost of living, for example a new 2 bedroom house for £24,000, or a jet FO with 3000 hours, about £14,000 a year, from what I was told whilst out there.

Before you commit do a search on PPRUNE for FTC, there have been major discussions about this school. You will learn about them alot. One or two staff & 'Key FTC Players' have contributed as well, but you will see who they are.
I heard a rumour about 2 months ago that the FTC I knew was looking for new investors due to serious cash flow problems, allegedly.

I am now doing my IR, for the fATPL, at Atlantic in Coventry, a very good school, as appeared to be BCFT, Bristol, Westflight & Oxford, when I enquired.

My opinion is save your stress levels & stay here, keep your wife in a UK job & succeed in your studies, whilst studying for the ATPLs you don't need unnecessary pressure & frustration from the training establishment.

Good Luck for the future.

FB