PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Durham Tees Valley-7
View Single Post
Old 6th Dec 2018, 00:10
Cautious Optimist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^^ Best post ever, forum was much better back in the day when there were more like it.
Originally Posted by Robert Ryan
Let's not get excited until the councillors ratify his plan, because frankly I suspect they will not on principle regardless of whether or not they agree with it.
He only needs to convince three of them, should be doable, touch wood.
Originally Posted by SWBKCB
Did KLM even have freighter 747's in the 80's?
I don't think any architect who drew up the plans would bother researching what was or wasn't in the KLM fleet, they'd just slap a blue top and white underside on any old plane knowing they were more or less there.
Originally Posted by N707ZS
When it was announced back in the eighties the local Councillor Doris Jones who we all know hates aircraft objected to large numbers of planes which they envisaged.
I was at the press conference and she congratulated the Mayor and told him the residents of MSG had never been so depressed about the airport and had started calling it Durham Tees New Town, I nearly ripped her head off for the reason you mention, it's a shame those residents don't know just how much business she has lost the airport over the years, in fact, she's probably more guilty of it than Peel ever were (are).