PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Author would like some advice on aircraft related matters
Old 5th Dec 2018, 21:18
phil170258

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Hotel Tango
phil170258, I honestly think that 99% reading your book, including pilots who don't fly in that area, would never be aware of the above. Therefore, I strongly suggest that the Beech 18 is the best candidate for your cowboy operator/workhorse spec. Be sure to include an image or silhouette of the Beech 18 on the cover!

Good luck.
Thanks so much for all your brilliant replies but I love love love the Beech 18 - what a beautiful looking plane, and absolutely, the sort of thing you would stick on the cover!

I have another question, but I'm not sure if it's appropriate, given that it involves border protection. So Moderator feel free to delete if it breeches any guidelines.

But here's what I want to achieve plotwise - I want my plane to attempt to land in Australia, but for the authorities to not allow this. And, of course, because it's a novel, I'd like this to happen in an exciting and dramatic way!

My aim then is for the plane to be forced to land in Timor Leste, in one of the smaller regional airstrips.

Once again, thanks so much for your help!

Phil