PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 30-40 Virgin Blue Cabin Crew Quit each month ?
Old 18th Oct 2003, 16:42
Hugh Jarse

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I dont think people waiting on interviews etc would be worried about the high turn over .Hey ,more of a chance to get in.
More of a chance to get in? You have to ask yourself why they are leaving? Do you live at home with mummy and daddy? It's easy standing on the outside looking in.

Being a F/A has always had glamour associated with it. Maybe the younger ones change their mind after a while and think its not what they thought it would be.
Aussierotor, the glamour is only perceived by the public. When I see what my crew have to do on a day to day basis for the pittance they receive in remuneration, it's not a wonder they are resigning in droves.

The reality is you have to accept a huge amount of responsibility and work your arse off for sub-standard wages. Most of the people I work with take a pay cut to become an F/A, because that's what they want to do. Once they find out what's involved responsibility-wise, they don't think the job is worth what they earn. They vote with their feet...

I know of F/A's who are forced to live in Sydney's over-inflated rental market that regularly have no money left to buy food towards the end of their pay cycle.

However, they have a light at the end of the tunnel (well, at the moment), that gives them the opportunity for the cabin crew I work with to earn what they deserve as a Shorthaul F/A.

Good luck with your job hunting.

I dont think people waiting on interviews etc would be worried about the high turn over .Hey ,more of a chance to get in.
More of a chance to get in? You have to ask yourself why they are leaving? Do you live at home with mummy and daddy? It's easy standing on the outside looking in.

Being a F/A has always had glamour associated with it. Maybe the younger ones change their mind after a while and think its not what they thought it would be.
Aussierotor, the glamour is only perceived by the public. When I see what my crew have to do on a day to day basis for the pittance they receive in remuneration, it's not a wonder they are resigning in droves.

The reality is you have to accept a huge amount of responsibility and work your arse off for sub-standard wages. Most of the people I work with take a pay cut to become an F/A, because that's what they want to do. The reality is they don't think the reponsibility of the job is worth what they earn. They vote with their feet...

I know of F/A's who are forced to live in Sydney's over-inflated rental market that regularly have no money left to buy food towards the end of their pay cycle.

However, they have a light at the end of the tunnel (well, at the moment), that gives them the opportunity for the cabin crew I work with to earn what they deserve as a Shorthaul F/A.

good luck with your job hunting.