PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Author would like some advice on aircraft related matters
Old 5th Dec 2018, 10:12
phil170258

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Author would like some advice on aircraft related matters

Hi

I'm an author and am currently writing an action-based novel (to be published by Penguin Random house in 2019) set in Indonesia but told from the point of view of an Australian.

I don't know much about planes or flying (hence my presence on this forum!) but a light aircraft plays a very important part in my plot! So this particular aircraft is owned by a South African who is a bit of a cowboy and runs supplies in and out of the goldmine on Buru Island.

So my question is: what type of plane could he typically have? I guess I'm thinking of something that is pretty old but is famous for being an absolute workhorse. It also has to be able to carry at least 4 people (including my pilot) and a couple of surfboards. I realise that, without the 60,000 odd words of accompanying plot this sounds a bit mad, but any help will be greatly appreciated.

It is fiction I'm writing but I do like to get this stuff right. Oh yeah, I'd also need to know the range of the plane.

regards, Phil