PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New CAS
Thread: New CAS
View Single Post
Old 4th Dec 2018, 21:56
Black Swan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sue Gray?

Originally Posted by Old-Duffer
I sense this is something of an MOD 'Night of the Long Knives', with all three services seeming to skip a generation. In at least one case there seems to be a recently appointed incumbent who is going to be on his bike as the new brooms sweep in. It would be very interesting to know what precipitated the moves and who really called the tunes here. I doubt the Sec of State for Defence has a decent grasp of the strengths and weaknesses of the various 'contestants'.

It will be interesting to see the following moves/promotions, with at least two RAF three star jobs needing to be filled, if Wigston goes up and Atha goes out. I wonder if we're about to see the first 3 star of the fair sex???!!!

Old Duffer
I was thinking similar to Old Duffer. Interesting that the RAF Senior Appointments announced today advise that "Air Commodore S D Ellard to be promoted Air Vice-Marshal and to be Air Officer Commanding No 38 Group in December 2018 in succession to Air Vice-Marshal S C Gray CB OBE whose next appointment is yet to be announced." She''s been AOC 38 Gp for two and a half years, so assume she's either moving upwards, sideways (within the MOD) or (further speculation) she takes over from AM Julian Young as Chief of Materiel (Air) given he's coming up to three years in post. Guess the moves over the next few months are going to be interesting!