PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Direct Entry Pilot.
View Single Post
Old 4th Dec 2018, 20:43
bex88

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Jumbo2. Fair point about super junior commands after 2 years.

At 25% I guess you have been in about 5 years. The rostering has changed to EASA FTL’s and there have been a number of changes to bidline rules. That all makes a big difference but the crux of it has been we have been short of numbers. The pay issue is one which has come about because of the improvements in terms elsewhere in the industry. Rostering has always been bad when junior on any status but even guys who have seniority are working some pretty brutal lines.

The problem is very few people are even prepared to bid for a command. I admire the fact that you can make that choice. It seems daft that we have experienced guys like yourself who won’t take a command yet we need to delay courses of some guys so they have the minimum hours.

Easy fix, and yes it will never happen. Seniority as a FO based on DOJ. Seniority as a captain based on the date you pass your command check. It’s the RYR way. And no it’s not a serious proposal so let’s not get into that.

Either way, fact RYR, EZY etc spend less time in uniform, they have better rostering and earn more.

Yes there are reasons I have not left and options at BA is one of them.

Fruitbat