PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New CAS
Thread: New CAS
View Single Post
Old 4th Dec 2018, 19:34
Melchett01

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Old-Duffer
I sense this is something of an MOD 'Night of the Long Knives', with all three services seeming to skip a generation. In at least one case there seems to be a recently appointed incumbent who is going to be on his bike as the new brooms sweep in. It would be very interesting to know what precipitated the moves and who really called the tunes here. I doubt the Sec of State for Defence has a decent grasp of the strengths and weaknesses of the various 'contestants'.

It will be interesting to see the following moves/promotions, with at least two RAF three star jobs needing to be filled, if Wigston goes up and Atha goes out. I wonder if we're about to see the first 3 star of the fair sex???!!!

Old Duffer
There are also questions about where Gary Waterfall goes next after his time at PJHQ. Given that Hillier and Wigston were both Tornado drivers, would the failure for both Atha and Waterfall to progress any further represent the final nail in the coffin of the Harrier mafia? Not that I’m even remotely thinking that Service leadership will be driven by inter-fleet politics.