PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bell 505 Jet Ranger X
View Single Post
Old 4th Dec 2018, 17:33
chopper2004

Received 101 Likes on 54 Posts
Originally Posted by Nige321
Maybe because it was supposed to look like this...

or this...

Don't tell FH1100 they both have endplates of one sort or another...
Thought the MAPL concept in the early 2000s which ended morphing into the Bell 429. I know Bell tested a Bell 407 with Fan tail

https://www.ainonline.com/aviation-n...nstrator-flies

Did you all want another 206/407 lookalike....

Think about all the product line from 80s/90s onwards....all have some resemebling to the lines of the Jet Ranger and Huey/ Albeit Twin
Huey and I have heard complaints and moaning that Bell were not evolving. Look I do admit the engineering mantra ( taught to me at uni and reinforced when doing surveys for the airline MRO) ‘If it Is Not Broke, Don’t Fix it’

Now something new in the form of 525 and 505, everyone’s complaining .some question the selection of Turbomeca Arrius to power the 505...

Anyhow 505 numbers of delivery are increasing, 525 program is back on track after the other years tragedy....

Please forgive me if I have not read through all the posts here....but apart from the looks, is there any real gripes from owners / operators ?

Also give it six months then ask the Sacramento Pd how they like it and if it woorks for them in assisting ground units in busting the bad guys. Am sure they’re legacy hand-me-down 58s worked for them.

Cheers