PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Direct Entry Pilot.
View Single Post
Old 4th Dec 2018, 15:57
RexBanner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by king surf

The problem will come for those not diligent enough is when an incident occurs which involves the CAA. They will go through everything.
Some Pilots think they can get away with it because BA can’t really police it
I would imagine for varying reasons (inability to regulate the room temperature - cough cough Hannover cough - or losing two hours sleep due to the awesome and scientifically proven new EASA regs) that amongst the first wave coming into Heathrow in the morning probably a good half of the time the pilots have not had 8 hours sleep or anywhere near and that’s on a good day. Are we also liable then? What do you think would happen if we all en masse turned around to BA and said, sorry guys not rested in accordance with OMA we’re not operating your aircraft back to Heathrow this morning; accident could happen you see, old chap. But it’s fine for BA to play judge, jury and executioner when the boot is on the other foot isn’t it? I’ve had commutes where I’ve arrived at Heathrow gone ten o clock at night for a 06:00 report (naughty me) but I’ve been far more rested than I have been coming back from Helsinki with a two hour time change and a 03:00 alarm call. I know if I had an incident on the latter duty I’d be pointing the finger squarely back at the authorities for trying to make out that adequate rest has been provided in that scenario and I’m pretty sure I’d win in a court of law (were I alive to see it). Double standards to say the least.

But we’ve had this conversation before.