PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Should I finish year 12?
View Single Post
Old 4th Dec 2018, 12:24
Persona

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Should I finish year 12?

Hi,
I am a Year 12 student.I passed the Class 1 medical.I'm dreaming of becoming a Boeing pilot
In school, I am doing following subjects: Mathematics Standard, Community and Family Studies, EAL/D (English as an additional language or dialect), Modern History, Russian Continuers.

So,

1.Is there a point in finishing Year 12 with my current subjects, if I want to become a pilot? I've read that some airline companies require pilots to finish Year 12 with English and Physics.I do EAL/D and I don't do physics.
2.If I don't finish Year 12 and finish the flight school, how likely are airline companies to hire me?How much would my lack of Year 12 prevent airline companies from hiring me?
3.If one day, I would want to become a high-tier pilot,like an airplane captain, would lack of Year 12 stop me from becoming one?Is there anything I can do about it?

Why I want to quit Year 12 - Instead of spending time in school, I would get PPL(my family will pay for that), and start working at the construction(my father works at construction, so he can find me a job easily), to save up money for CPL.I can't just take a student loan, because I am not an Australian citizen.I will become one in about a year, but it might take more time or I might not get citizenship at all(extremely unlikely, but still).As soon as I become an Australian citizen, or save up enough money, I will enroll in the CPL course.