PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Durham Tees Valley-7
View Single Post
Old 4th Dec 2018, 09:46
EGPO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
perpetual gloom

I've kept an eye on this thread for some time , and can really feel for the people who care so much for your local Airport.
But can , I ask .
What as a community has been done to try save it, for example petitions , lobbying , Your MP, Even down to the Town council in the Area of which the Airport is based Right upto which ever person is Transport minister this week .
It's sad that a once highly profitable Airport which in itself should prove demand is or was there .
Yet it's current offering Mirrors that of Humberside . It's crazy that this company which has made such efforts at Liverpool and DSA , have allowed an Airport which is in an Area that could in theory overlap DSA's Northern most catchment , and West toward the towns of the sales, ok not vast numbers .
But it seems to have now reached a time where it has to be decided ,either close it or keep it open , Government buy out until a suitable oporator can be found.
Ibut either way this constant arguments cannot go on .
It can't be good for the airport, which seems not to have a suitable plan , I mean it says it all when they could not hang on to Loganair .
And it is not good for the community .
Finally people will say well you have Newcastle Leeds or even DSA,.
But not everyone wants to or can Drive , coupled with a rail link that is parliamentary Service, getting from that Area to those other airports is not easy .
And until the A1 us upgraded to three lanes from Washington to the Bridge , then the jams make Newcastle not the best option .
However afterward it could be the final nail in the coffin .
But I pray you have sucsess and someone can make a go of it , but given HUY has not really done much to attract new routes if say best of luck!.