PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australian pilots can work for US regionals.
Old 4th Dec 2018, 02:54
Seagull201

Originally Posted by GAforlife
Does the freeze include Australians presently working for other US regionals? I would have loved to make the jump over to the west coast.
I'm in OZ, not in the U.S, I called the pilot recruitment section by phone, after reading the posts the last 2 days, which originated from the North American section, on Pprune.

I was on the phone for a minute, the lady mentioned, the airline isn't sponsoring, any new E3 applicants from Australia anymore, this has started last week.

I asked, whether this was interim measure, the lady mentioned, there's no timeline, IF or WHEN, the company will resume E3 visa sponsorship.

You know yourself (GAforlife), any OZ pilot that's there, will have their E3's renewed, because they can do the job well and the company has invested in their training.

It's such a disappointment hearing and reading what's happened, because, they're such a big operator, nearly 4,700 pilots (Captains and copilots), 450 planes,
up to 800 pilots leave the company a year ( go to other operators or fired), the company constantly recruits new applicants, it's really upsetting to hear that, new
applicants from OZ, WON'T be considered for NEW flight crew opportunities, in the future.
The company is such a great operator.

Mesa ( about 140 planes) and Commutair ( eventually climbing to 60 planes), have special sections on their website, in relation to E3 visa applicants.

I've heard feedback from other Ozzie's in OZ, that were thinking of going to the U.S regionals this year (2018), Piedmont and Go jets, responded positively, to their application, and DO E3's, although there's NO info on their website.

The pilot shortage in the U.S, hasn't started yet, but there will be a shortage in the coming years, according to retirement forecasts, Both here in OZ and U.S.
There will always be opportunities available now and in the future.