PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 4th Aug 2018 Junkers JU52 crashed in Switzerland
Old 3rd Dec 2018, 08:19
His dudeness

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jimjim1
These golden oldies should not be permitted to operate as passenger flights without it being entirely clear that they are not part of the same industry that delivered worldwide ZERO jet airliner fatalities in 2017.

The Touristy or Traveling public should not be misled.

There are times to extend the envelope and there are times to say NO!
Who misled them and when ? If you are a person allowed to vote (eg. above 18 years old), you should be able to work out that an airplane 80 years old canīt be as save as new one and a piston powered airplane is less save to travel in than a turbine powered one. Have not seen a single statement by any provider of these trips that would claim anything remotely close to what you imply.

Who made the pax on this flight say YES ? Were they forced to fly on this aircraft ? Of course not and you know that. So, whats your agenda ? More regulation, less freedom ? Forebid anything fun ?

Go ahead, youīre in line with the EU and almost all administrations in the world. Not sure I like this mindset. (actually I hate it, but...)

I have piloted trips in a D.H. Dove under German air law and we had to stop that after JAR OPS came in force. IMO there should be a statement possible to exclude the same amount of safety from such trips, as it is crystal clear that it could not be achieved. Even if the JU would have been build from scratch in 2017 - that most likely would have not changed anything in this case. IF we would be talking about a structural disintegration of some sort it`d maybe be different, but for the time being we arenīt. Or would you ban - e.g. - 737s when a crew mishandled them and killed passengers ? Of course you wouldnīt.

Last edited by His dudeness; 3rd Dec 2018 at 08:20. Reason: Spelling