PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Help please - SSAFA or RAFA?
View Single Post
Old 2nd Dec 2018, 20:19
ivor toolbox

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Chugalug2
Can I just say how uplifting it has been to witness the many informed and caring posts that have responded to cargosales Cri de Coeur? I am glad that however much the Royal Air Force has moved on since I left it 45 years ago, the support to those serving or retired has endured. We had a fatal aircraft accident on my squadron, all on board were killed. The boss appointed a number of us to act as liaison to the bereaved families. Mine had cash on the kitchen table within 24 hours, thanks to the RAFBF. I have always remembered that and support the fund to this day. Those who provide such practical help are to be applauded, whichever of the Service Charities they work for, voluntary or employed. The Service is above all a family, one that you will always belong to. At this time of year in particular it is well to be reminded of that.

Cargosales, I can offer no practical help, unlike those who have posted above, but I'm sure I speak for all when I say that I wish you good luck and that hopefully the help you seek is already there for you.

Chug
Hear, hear

Ttfn