PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LVO and 90m visual from cockpit A320 question.
Old 2nd Dec 2018, 19:33
Mooneyboy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Reading my company manuals with a fine tooth comb as flight detent suggested a note for 150m and below says RVR required for all relevant RVR’s. I can see how this supersedes and overrules the other note about using pilot assessment.

In over 10years only once have a ever seen a TDZ RVR below 125m and that was in MXP. It was a 100m and there certainly wasn’t any hint or requests from any departing aircraft to trot off down to the numbers and count the lights on the centre line in order to depart below the reported RVR.

Always a a little cautious regarding RVR’s as I do know someone ( although a slightly different situation to this) who got fined a couple of grand for landing below RVR minima. So not just a telling off from the company but a potential hit in the wallet!

My early sims remember a lot of counting of centreline lights but have to admit doesn’t seem to occur as much recently. Although saying that I recently listened to a well regarded podcast on Airbus 320 lvo and they were talking about counting 6lights

All the best

mooneyboy