PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Japanese trying to become a pilot
View Single Post
Old 2nd Dec 2018, 12:25
me179

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chances after 1500 hrs

After u reach 1500 hrs, and for any reason you have to leave USA / Canada, don't get frustrated, there are still many chances out there which will get you in a jet. Let me mention two:

1. Indonesia: Try to log as much Multi Engine and / or Turboprop time during your time in the USA/ Canada. Those hrs are more valuable than a Single Piston. Apply at operators like www.susiair.com and you'll increase your experience rapidly there with a great experience and sunny beaches. They will take care of our Visa and you'll upgrade to command on the Caravan C208 in 2 years. U can then change operator in Indonesia and earn 5000 USD in mountain flying, if this kind of operations suits your life style. But if you had enough from flying Turboprops, then at 3000 hrs, with 1000 hrs PIC, doors open for you at Airlines or at Corporate operators. Guys from Susi went to Cathay, Vietnam Airlines, Dragon Air, Qatar... and many many airlines after their C208 experience in Indonesia.

2. Africa, similar to Indonesia... many western guys there flying safaris and all that sort of operations... some more hrs on twin or turboprop and you'll be marketable at many airlines or corporate jets.

During your training, you'll get to know people, you will get advices, you will build your experience technically but also socially... don't give up. The first job is the most difficult one to get.

Let's know how things go,
Gambatte,

Mike Alfa 179