PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SAS Ireland SAIL
View Single Post
Old 2nd Dec 2018, 06:03
R1ddle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 2unlimited
From a friend of mine who is union rep for SAS, this was his own words: If this company is goes under (hopefully) the pilots are out on their own.

The company is wholly independent from SAS. and from what I have heard due to crewing problems, they have had to use SAS Scandinavia to replace many of the flights to avoid cancellations.

The company is owned by SAS, but has no direct connection to SAS itself, and the SAS Scandinavia hopes and wants it to fail, and to be honest it will be a tragedy if it does survive, as it could mean the end for proper companies like SAS, instead all companies will just be Irish importers with contract pilots, and that is the tragedy we all want to avoid.

For me it seems like creative solution of "union" busting airline, so next time SAS pilots put their management under fire, SAS can turn around and use SAIL to bust those demanding crews from SAS.

What a lovely post, there are some truly inspiring people about! Wishing people get made redundant huh? What a wonderful human being you are!

We have had SAS mainline management on jumpseats, they are really happy with SAS Ireland, maybe not so much with the handling company.

it has been expressed to us if this doesn't work, mainline is in trouble.... so wish away Hahaha

Last edited by R1ddle; 3rd Dec 2018 at 00:26.