PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Indonesian aircraft missing off Jakarta
View Single Post
Old 2nd Dec 2018, 00:27
CONSO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by megan
I wonder if part of Boeings problem is a disconnect between head office and where the aircraft are built and test flown. Long way between Seattle and Chicago, seen the same situation causal in a fatal industrial accident, engineers worked in head office and not accessible physically on the distant plant site, other than by phone.
Most of the real engineers are in seattle area for commercial- Chicago has the' executives " and with few exceptions the only engineers there are by request or those carrying out the garbage ( sanitary enginers ) and building engineers types. There are many floors of chart boys, walking fod, power point rangers, bean counters, and legal beagles.

As an Boeing engineer myself- the only time I got to go to a corner office in Seattle was to show a short film of a test I was running ( in seattle area ) for some Saturn 5 hardware ( early 1960's ) which destroyed the part involved - which then resulted in a major redesign by New Orleans types of that part generally in accordance with my suggestions.